The Finnish Psychiatric Birth Cohort Consortium (PSYCOHORTS) combines the major prospectively designed Finnish psychiatric birth cohorts.
It comprises of the following prospective birth cohorts in Finland
- the Northern Finland Birth Cohorts 1966 and 1986 (NFBC)
- Finnish 1981 Birth Cohort Study (FBCS-1981)
- Finnish Prenatal Studies
- 1987 and 1997 Birth Cohorts
- SSRI pregnancy cohort
- Southwest Finland Birth Cohort (SFBC).
The integration of these cohorts will enable us to address issues related to the development, trajectories and life outcomes of psychiatric disorders.
The PSYCOHORTS consortium is exceptional in that it includes birth cohorts that can provide harmonized data on a range of factors, including
- hereditary factors
- biological exposures
- environmental risk factors
- detailed measurements of development and psychiatric outcomes.